Thursday, November 4, 2010

otsego lake



24"x24" oil

Mark Twain had his Mississippi river. I have the Susquehanna. I live right beside it. I grew up with it. I ate crayfish out of it(crawfish to my Louisianna friends). Granted not far from three mile island so I'm probably lucky to be alive. Not glowing yet. I love the river. This piece happens to be Otsego lake in cooperstown NY. This is where the Susquehanna's east branch starts. It's so cool to live down here on the banks and be able to go to camp and see this lake.Where it all starts.

My recent work has been done differently than my usual stuff. I used to always premix all of my colors and tweak as needed. I'm now just diving in. Creating a big slurry and throwing it. No palette knife, imagine that. The result is less texture but I'm finding interest in the result and a bit of freedom from time constraints.







oh yeah, another studio shot. I am the most unorganized person on the planet. I'd lose my body if my head wasn't connected to it.

No comments: