Friday, November 19, 2010

freeform


6"x6" oil
I like this one. Did some painting, scrubbing, wiping and repainting. It felt like the old days. Going totally from the eye and gut.

Did these 3 tonight. Tried another variation on a bridge. the one on the right is the last posting wiped out and redone....from my mind....good bye farm....good bye cows. I dread where my unconscious is going. I suspect it knows. I dont think I'll be pegged as a one type artist after these recent efforts. Some would say "He has no direction" I would say "A made up mind lacks direction" The question being... who or what is the director?"

9 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Glad I got some cows before you wiped out the herd. I'm also glad you're willing to go wherever. Direction is over-rated.

brian eppley said...

Hey Sam. The small east coast farms are hurting. There is a good organic movement that I'm part of. When I paint it's no holds barred. I don't know where this stuff comes from. It's all intuitive. I'm sure cows will reappear in the future in a much larger herd, with no haybales to eat but some sort of conveyor belt system. I'd liken it to a cityscape but cows roam the streets and people are too fat to leave their homes.

loriann signori said...

It seems like your direction is to follow the painting...wise move. It is only through listening to the painting that you will find your intuitive (true) direction. Keep going!

brian eppley said...

I agree Loriann. I've kind of always done it a bit, but there is a new freedom it seems. We shall see where it all goes!

Thomas M. Weprich Paintings said...

"freeform" is great! Makes me want to see more-keep going!

SamArtDog said...

Get Temple Grandin to design your new conveyor belt.

brian eppley said...

Thanks Tom. Will do.

brian eppley said...

Interesting lady. I'd give 'er a call but she probably doesn't have a phone.

SamArtDog said...

Smart girl.