Friday, January 29, 2010

ominous sky ditto


36"x48"
oil/canvas





I had a great time last evening at the Chester county studio tour crit. That's critique for my bike racing friends. (not criterium.... my legs burn just thinking about those days) Anyhow, I took the "Ominous sky" piece and the 3 studies that preluded it. The dialogue was wonderful and the suggestions just as wonderful. It's great to hear good criticism. I'm lucky to be surrounded by so many visually astute folks. I appreciate them letting me participate in the group and their being honest. So I took the suggestions into consideration and did touch up the piece.(of course, at the critique I said I probably wouldn't touch it!) but in the back of my mind I think it did need some tweaking and the suggestions were eerily spot on to what was on my mind. Thanks guys and gals for the impetus!! No room for slacking with you all!





The 2010 Chester county studio tour will be in early May. I'm on the wait list for the Reston Virginia show the same weekend. Timing is a Bitc....you get the point. Next weekend I'm in a show in Jersey, it's on my link to shows. I found out today, I'm also in the Richmond, Va. show the first week of May. I'll be updating the show schedule regularly from this weekend on. Forgive my lack of detail, I'm running on 3 hours sleep and working on a painting. I'll be in the van tomorrow afternoon rest assured,painting...There will be no morning painting.............I'm toast.................here's the rework

ps. I see this image is low in light also. There is actually a foreground now. I'll try again later. God I'm tired.................It's not in vain

No comments: