Tuesday, January 12, 2010

more red peppers



6"x6" oil/panel


It's interesting. The more I attempt to focus on a particular subject the less intereseted I am in portraying in it's real state. But that's my whole intention!!! Art is crazy. Maybe I have an issue with focus. I continually want to tear down subjects to the bare essentials. My interest in archetypes could play a role. Representation and abstraction. A fine line indeed. One thing is for sure. I have zero interest in photorealism........At least for now............

2 comments:

Jala Pfaff said...

Wow, I love what you just said in this post, about "the more...the less interested I am in..."
Can I quote you (and link it of course) on my blog? You said it very nicely!

brian eppley said...

Thanks Jala. Sure, you can link to it. Let the whole world know how crazy I am! Actually, I guess they already do............