Monday, February 21, 2011

Sherman Creek "revisited"


a>
12"x12" oil/canvas

Silly me decided to do another frozen scene from my trip to Warm Springs Lodge. The only reason there is some open water is because the warm springs flow into the creek here.
There is a general consensus that people prefer warm paintings to cool ones. I prefer to paint all conditions. This winter has been frigid and I'm painting frigid. You might think in summer these would cool people down. We'll see. The big seller in summer is food on a stick. The artists don't have a prayer............I'm looking into a portable deep fryer.......just kidding.

5 comments:

Jala Pfaff said...

Nice.
Yeah, those giant medieval-looking turkey legs sure do get around during the summer festivals.

SamArtDog said...

Stick or not, I think this is cool.

brian eppley said...

Hi Jala. Those turkey legs slay me. I guess the beauty is that they can floss with the sinew immediately after consumption!

Hey Sam, Sup. I need to look into that Pollock app. Diggin yer barns.

loriann signori said...

Beautiful light.
Studies also show people prefer beautiful painting that evoke feeling. Paint year round in all condition. Your passion will shine through and warm them.

brian eppley said...

Thanks Loriann. I'll keep paintin'!