Tuesday, August 10, 2010

more midwest skies


24"x24" oil/canvas
So I'm back from my last midwest show of the year. This is again a shot coming home from Madison. It looks like others but the grouping of these pieces in person is starting to gel. I've gone back to a 3 part mix of medium. stand oil, thinner and varnish. I just needed to stir things up. Still hanging in there with the brushes. Studio is insanely hot. As I type this sweat is pouring from my skin. After all these trips away from home I have to say the Susquehanna river, 3 blocks from my house, is still one of my favorite things to view. I've taken it for granted but prepare for more river paintings soon. Lots to do and off to Rehoboth Beach this weekend. Wheeeww it's hot!

2 comments:

SamArtDog said...

I don't think anything but brushes could look this rich while handling these colors.

Hope the beach is chill.

brian eppley said...

Thanks Sam. I forgot to mention that I'm doing the Rehoboth art league show this weekend. So I probably won't see the beach. Maybe in the evening but it's typically so crowded I head the other way.