Wednesday, July 28, 2010

hmmmmm


3 6"x6" oils on panels
I'm not sure what to make of this. I applied what I thought was thick paint only to see it dry in front of my eyes in different spots. Hit some more paint and no change. A few spots stay dark. It is out of my control at this point. My studio is about 90 degrees. I've seen similar things in the past but this is unusual. Oil paint is dry to the touch in half an hour. I'm using a water based white only because that's all I have right now. The darks have no white in them and they dried the quickest. In fact, they dried lighter than when mixed. Jeez, I've been doing this a long time now and don't know what to think. I'm curious to see what happens when completely dry. Might need to varnish for uniform look. Off to the Orchard Lake fine art show in Michigan tomorrow. Cheers

No comments: