Monday, April 5, 2010

North Front street



48"x36"
oil/canvas


This is one I did weeks ago. I posted the landscape but left out all the business stuff in the painting. So I went back and did another one, intent on putting in businesses and traffic. As it progressed I opted to leave out any sign of traffic. More of a wasteland with you know what as a focal point.....I've since tweaked it a tiny bit. Darkened the far right distant mass at horizon line.





Thursday I'm off to Knoxville, TN. for a 3 day show then back home to a Timonium Md. show. 2 week break and then on the road every weekend til October. Probably won't be posting a bunch but will be trying to paint whenever possible. It's been a busy week. The van is loaded...paintings boxed....new hangers made...It's warm and I'm ready to hit the road......

4 comments:

SamArtDog said...

I'm glad you went back to this one. I like the layers of distance a lot. Leaving out the traffic made this one of those "nothing but a wide spot in the road". Sadly, even most of those have arches these days.

Very appropriate post as you hit the road. Sounds like just the right thing to do right now. But be prepared to post a full report when the frost hits again.

Travel well and sell a lot. ;o]

brian eppley said...

Thanks Sam. I'm sure I'll be posting before frost hits! Although we could still get some this spring. I'll try to post new stuff weekly. gotta keep it fresh you know.

loriann signori said...

Sounds like a hectic schedule! Let me know if you are in the vicinity (DC/ Maryland) at all. I would love to stop by, meet and see your work "in person."

brian eppley said...

Hey Loriann. I'll be in Timonium this friday-sunday at the Maryland Fairgrounds. It's an indoor Sugarloaf show. I have a few free passes to get in. There won't be many painters there but it's close so I wanted to give it a shot. There's a link in my show schedule on the blog. Hope you can make it!

ps. if you do come be sure and sneak one of your beautiful pieces along so I can see it "in person" also