Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter Sycamores along the Susquehanna




12"x12" oil/panel




I find these mighty sycamores to be great subject matter during the winter time. On a side note The Art Association of Harrisburg's "Figuratively Speaking" show is coming up in the middle of January. I'll be exhibiting "girl in the striped dress" and I have an idea for the second painting to enter. I was going to enter my 3ft square Longhorn painting. Decided to dig out a figure study I did at Pratt Manhattan many years ago and paint over it with the new thick juicy style and see where it goes. I'll post before and after. I have to get it done soon so it will be dry. Perhaps tomorrow....I found out a few weeks ago that I was accepted into the OPA. Oil painters of America. A great group of artists keeping representational painting alive while appreciating the many different styles so many of us use to convey our visual world.

2 comments:

loriann signori said...

A big congratulations on your acceptance into OPA! A big accomplishment and well deserved. Nice painting too.

brian eppley said...

Thanks Loriann. I will post a better image of the triptych soon. Tonight I'm reworking the figure painting. Cheers