Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 4 on the Cape

both pieces 11"x 14" oil/board









The final day of the trip Paul Gallo and myself went to Stage Harbor. We had sun and I found the active harbor very exciting. I took a bunch of photos before starting painting. There were people sailing, clam hunting, fishing.... A very active place. My paintings this day are a bit lackluster, in my opinion. I felt so excited about the environment that I'm not sure I could capture that on site. After all most good compositions are well thought out, planned and executed with certain laws applied. This is hard to do in a new exciting environment. I think I have enough material to do some good studio work in the near future. As for now I'm preparing for the East Hampton Fine Arts Festival. The show runs Sat.- Monday. If anyone is on Long Island this weekend please stop by and say hi!

No comments: