Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cape Cod study


28"x32" oil/canvas sold



The East Hampton show was a good one. Made some new friends and saw some great work. I just found out that I'm in Paint Annapolis this year. This is a great event and I'm very excited to be in it 2 years in a row.It is a 3 day plein air painting competition with participants from all across the country. Only 24 people are juried in so I am grateful for the oppurtunity.
This is a low light study of Wellfleet harbor. The subject will be quite useful in Annapolis.

4 comments:

loriann signori said...

Wow! This is a beauty. Congratulations on paint annapolis!

brian eppley said...

Thanks Loriann. I've not been keeping up to date lately with my blogging friends.
I've moved on to large canvas and am knifing in then brushwork. I like the new direction.
I can't wait for Annapolis!!!

Jala Pfaff said...

This is an impressive painting. And congratulations!

brian eppley said...

Thanks Jala. It's been a busy year doing outdoor shows.