Wednesday, February 10, 2010

round 2







The local weather folks(I hesitate to say meteorologists) hyped this storm as the "little brother" of last weekends storm. Turns out they were twins! Weather prediction currently is entirely mathmatical. I say why not throw in intuition? You can be wrong either way and there are no penalties.............this is my sidewalk and a fresh 2o"













If the big bad wolf went to my grandmas house he would see this........... a propane tank covered and a door that won't open........













here's my pride and joy. A 2,000 sq. ft timber frame built entirely by me with reclaimed lumber or chainsaw milled beams/boards all mortise and tenon joints. I raised the frame with block and tackle. No small feat. Dad helped also with the toughest parts. 20" stone and concrete foundation waiting for strawbale walls....someday....Currently this is where I make my biodiesel...albeit not in awhile. Oh yeah, the big white blob in the foreground is my grease hauler. A 1994 4 runner, not a small vehicle but completely covered....


















My backyard........Bar-b-que anyone?
I'll be painting soon enough....

6 comments:

loriann signori said...

great photos fellow blizzardite!
impressive work..creating a building wow! I know that once you have that warm painting van dug out you'll be "on the road again" painting. stay warm!

SamArtDog said...

Awesome snow piles, Brian, but no amount of snow can impress more than a genuine timber-frame. I consider it to be one of your finest works of art!

notable word verification: dearevil

brian eppley said...

Hey Loriann, I love your new monotypes! you have many skills. I don't know about you but I'm tired of shoveling!

brian eppley said...

Hi Sam. It sounds like google is profiling, actually I'm not that evil. Creating the timber frame was my greatest sense of accomplishment to date. Unbelievably hard work, but to build a structure with mallet and chisel is quite a feeling.The year previous to that project I was reading some Henry D Thoreau and was inspired to build. Little did I know what I was getting into!

Jala Pfaff said...

Man!! Now that is some SERIOUS snow!
I love the way the vehicle looks covered like that--do you know The Little Prince book, and its illustrations? It looks exactly like when the boa swallows the elephant (if I'm remembering the animals correctly).

word verif.: dingano

brian eppley said...

Hi Jala, surely you guys get big snow often enough. Ah, The Little Prince. I can say I have no visual memory of the book. I do know that at some point I was exposed to it. From what I can recall I associate with the drunkard (although for different reasons than meant) and the lamplighter(there is NOT enough time for me to accomplish all of my goals)symbolism is of great interest to me. I just wish I had a memory, but I'm afraid it's a thing of the past.......