Monday, January 2, 2012

Mental works




So these are all 8X10 oil on linen birch panels. When I don't have an image in mind to paint (burning desire) I work out of my head. These paintings may or may not have value but I suspect when all is said and done something is being revealed here. Tendencies arise and certain things go by the wayside. I think these pieces show the youthful enthusiasm of enjoying shape, color and line while being distilled by years of angst, drafting, and................life.

4 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Your blog is a treasure so I am passing along an award to you, The Liebster Blog Award. It originated in Germany and recognizes up and coming bloggers. It is meant to showcase those who have fewer than 200 followers. (Liebster means "favourite" or "dearest" in German.) This is done in the spirit of pay-it-forward. In accepting this award, the recipient agrees to:

• Thank the person that gave them the award and link back to their blog

• Copy and paste the award to their blog

• Reveal the 5 blogs they have chosen to award and let them know by commenting on their blog

Please grab your badge the Leibster badge at my site http://samartdog.blogspot.com/
Happy New Year!
Sam

P.S. Oh, come on!... I did it.

brian eppley said...

Thanks Sam. I just found this comment. I'll do my duty next post!

Ruth Andre said...

The Mental Works are super. I especially like the top TWO!

brian eppley said...

Thanks Ruth!