Monday, October 17, 2011

Chincoteague Virginia Paintings 2

                                                     11"x14" linen/birch panel   A sunrise that was worth getting up for even though the bugs are out bigtime in the morning! The sliver of light reflecting grabbed me.


                                              8"x10" oil/linen  A rare attempt at painting the surf. Interesting subject. I did a larger one later.


                                                11"x14" oil/linen birch panel   Another sunrise where I got chewed up from the skeeters. Painted over the first painting I did on the trip. Enjoyed the paint over as I usually do.

2 comments:

Jean-Baptiste Pelardon said...

Oh my! What a series! Full of strength, of mystery and with a true vision of what hides behind the landscape. I'm truly fan of!

brian eppley said...

Thank you Jean-Baptiste! I am enjoying plein air again.