Thursday, September 9, 2010

cape cod boats different elevation


16"x20"
A new perspective of yesterdays piece. I like this one much more. Boats always seem stronger when they are higher in the picture plane. I layed more paint and used bigger brushes. I've felt lately that my small paintings have more impact. I realized that relative brush size meant my bigger pieces were undersized in the brush department. Still room to improve for sure but I'm excited to continue on with this in mind.
Off to the Alexandria festival of the Arts tomorrow.

7 comments:

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

I like your art, very much...

SamArtDog said...

So true about putting boats higher. This one is absolutely superb. Of every one of yours I've seen, this is maybe my all time favorite. It's so right.

brian eppley said...

Thanks again Laura!

Thanks Sam. I like this one too. Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut. I hope I can find some more!

loriann signori said...

This is a dynamic piece Brian! Love the changes you made, your concept is clear.

brian eppley said...

Thanks Loriann. I keep trying.

Barbara McNulty said...

Hi Brian,
John and I love this painting.
we would like to see this in person.
Barbara

brian eppley said...

Hi Barbara and thanks. I still have the piece and anytime you guys want we can get together and discuss. Maybe even enjoy a beverage.I'll shoot you an email.